I Need To Get Out More

January 28, 2009 9:00 AM by

I promised myself before I had children that I would never be one of “those mothers.” The kind that lets herself go entirely, stops having sex with her husband and generally becomes a shuffling, sweatpants wearing, minivan driving bore.

But as I listened to the following lyrics to the Arctic Monkeys “Fluorescent Adolescent” this morning at the gym, I could not help but wonder.

“You used to get it in your fishnets
Now you only get it in your night dress
Discarded all the naughty nights for niceness
Landed in a very common crisis
Everything’s in order in a black hole
Nothing seems as pretty as the past though
The Bloody Mary’s lacking her Tabasco
Remember when you used to be a rascal?

Falling about
You took a left off Last Laugh Lane
You were just sounding it out
You’re not coming back again.”

After all, I went from this:

to this:

in a manner of three years. Yikes. Granted, the first outfit was a costume and not what I normally wear. And the second one was just after I woke up on Christmas morning. But I’d be lying if I did not admit that I spend 65 percent of my time looking like I do in the second photo above. The other 35 percent of time is spent in my gym clothes.

Uh-oh.

Maybe it is time to get some of my old mojo back. To that end, Rob and I are hitting the town tomorrow night sans children. I am two pounds from the weight I want to be and most of my old clothes fit. Time to break out ye olde bustier? Maybe so.

There will be no lefts of last laugh lane. Not yet. Maybe the fishnets will even make an appearance—under the jeans, of course. After all, I am a mama now.

1 comments
roseline
roseline

roseline

england

even since i was 25 i have been

sick of dyspnea there is no medical

attention i have not taking hevery 

week i do go to hospital i use to 

buy montelukast and then evterytime 

one hour after meal i take 

phenoxymethylpenicillin i have been living 

like this for years until my year of restoration

came this was on june 20th 2014 i met dr

akpoba i did not see him face to face but 

i read some testimonies about him and then

i contacted him for help with tear i couldn't

for mail i called him i explained everything about 

me to him and he prayed for me encourage me talked

some sense into me just in that mood i fell inlove 

with him because i already notice that my time is now 

after contact his oracle he told me what to do for the 

spell and i did 12 hrs later he called me on my phone 

and told me that the spell has been casted that there 

is no problem at all and that everything i ha ve using

both the drugs i should threw them alway at first i was 

afraid because the things involve really cost a lot of 

money but because i trust him and i did after then i called 

he just said my daughter it is all over now all your sorrows

are gone just then i don't really know what to do i wanted  to 

see things for myself i bought cigarret i was told not to smoke

at the hospital but to be very sure i smoked first i took one 

i finish that one finish another nothing bad happen that was how 

i screamed i am healed til now i have not be going to the hospital

i smoke the way i use to and i am completely healed i promise him that

everybody in holland is going to hear about his good hand work so dear

akpoba is the man the physical and spirtual dr you need don't go looking 

for another contact him he is here for you send your mail and your telling

your problems to him at akpobaspell@gmail.com or call +2347055484719 and 

i promise you that you will be a happy ending person once again thank you sir

Social links

Subscribe top bar

Hubspot Sign up for weekly news on your pregnancy and baby!

subscribe bottom bar

current issue topbar

Our latest issue – Click to sample!

Download bottombar


Popular posts

Popular Posts

Facebook comments

Burst code

Medela banner

don't lazy load me