NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: This promotion (the “Win LUNA Bar’s “9 Months of Cravings” Contest!”) is sponsored by Pregnancy magazine and Future US, Inc. (“Future US”), subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States. Void in Vermont, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at time of entry, and possess a valid form of identification. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. Employees of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By their submission of entry, participants warrant they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, May 3rd, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, May 31st, 2010. Online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, May 31st, 2010 to be eligible.
HOW TO ENTER: Click on the link for the contest on the Pregnancy website (https://www.pregnancymagazine.com) or send a postcard with your name, address, and email to:
” Win LUNA Bar’s “9 Months of Cravings” Contest!”
4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400
South San Francisco, CA 94080.
You may enter each contest once.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: One winner will be chosen on May 15, May 22, May 29, and June 5, 2010. Winner will receive (1) 3 shipments of more than 90 bars in each shipment.
Odds of winning shall be determined the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Prize will be awarded if properly claimed. Limit one prize per household.
6. DRAWING: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all valid eligible entries received. Drawing will be held on or about May 16, May 23, May 30, and June 6, 2010. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsors, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding and within their sole discretion. Winning is contingent upon compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules; any entry drawn or any potential winner identified thereby found at any time to fail to comply with these official rules will be held invalid and ineligible for award.
NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by U.S. mail and/or email within one week following the drawing. Winner so notified must within ten (10) days of notice of award, complete, execute and return the provided Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including, where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsors). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case prize will be awarded to an alternate by random drawing. A list of winners will be available for six months after award of prizes by sending a self-addressed envelope with sufficient prepaid postage to:
“Win LUNA Bar’s “9 Months of Cravings” Contest! – Winners”
4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400
South San Francisco, CA 94080
9. RELEASE: by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsors the right to use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) name, city and state, and prize awarded, for the purpose of advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
10. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releases from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected: b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof.
Sponsors reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsors corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will be determined solely by Sponsors in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LAW: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action by you with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. The language in these official rules shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in San Mateo County, California. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process.
CLIF Bar “9 Months of Cravings” 2010 Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA AND NEW YORK) AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID IN NEW YORK, FLORIDA, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Sponsor, as hereinafter defined, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members or household members (whether related or not) of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor may amend these Official Rules or modify or cancel this Sweepstakes in Sponsor’s sole discretion without liability.
3. SPONSOR: Clif Bar & Company, 1610 Fifth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
4. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins on May 3, 2010 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM PT when all entries must be received. To enter, [visit www.pregnancymagazine.com,] complete the required information on the Entry Form, and submit the form as directed. Entrants will be required to provide complete name and e-mail address. Limit one entry per person (per week), household, or e-mail address. Multiple or duplicate entries may be disqualified. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE SWEEPSTAKES CLOSING DATE: 11:59 PM PT on May 31, 2010.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Weekly winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 15, May 22, May 29, and June 5, 2010 from among all eligible entries received and will be notified by e-mail. If a winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) business days, is not eligible, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of wining are approximately 1 in 2000. Exact chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
6. PRIZES: Each weekly winner will receive three shipments of approximately 90 LUNA bars or LUNA Protein bars. Approximate value for each winner is approximately $330.00 (approximately 270 LUNA bars or LUNA Protein bars in total). All expenses, fees, charges and taxes not specifically mentioned as included in Prize are winner’s sole responsibility.
7. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: Eligibility and claim by Winners are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or E-mails made to entrants not by Sponsor. Winners must sign before a notary public and return an Affidavit of Eligibility (including social security number)/Prize Acceptance/Liability/Permission and (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form within ten (10) business days of receipt. Non-compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and the prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Winners are ineligible, or Winners decline the prize, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from among eligible entries received as of the date of termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any entry based on an e-mail address, the entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting prize, entrants: (1) agree to be bound by these rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment, judging agencies, and all related entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all liability, claims, actions, or proceedings relating to the Sweepstakes and from and against any claims of injuries or damages relating to participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prizes; (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. NAMES OF WINNERS: To receive the names of the winners send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope to: CLIF Bar “9 Months of Cravings” Sweepstakes Winners List, 1610 Fifth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 after June 5, 2010 but before June 30, 2010.