I’m thrilled to finally have found a “smart” thermometer. The Pyle Infrared thermometer is an ear and body digital thermometer, as well as an app that uses Bluetooth to send data to your phone and to chart progress.
Some of the most positive features of this product include the following:
- You can use it on both the forehead and the ear canal. This is especially helpful when my little ones aren’t excited to have their temperature taken and won’t sit still.
- It’s easy to track history, the device stores 99 temperature readings per person. This comes in handy both for tracking fevers and also for reporting back to the doctor or other caretakers.
- You can share data via Facebook and Twitter or use the password protection for private tracking.
- The device is sturdy. My toddler threw it a few times so hard that I thought for sure it had broken, but it’s going strong.
There were a couple of negatives in my view including:
- The device itself is not straightforward out of the box, but rather requires some learning. For example, I wanted to change from celcius to farenheit and I had to refer to the instructions to do so. In fairness, it only took a few minutes.
- This involves a true investment of time if you plan to download the app, so it’s important to read through the instructions.
- Temperature data may be considered sensitive information, so you should to be careful not to accidentally share publicly.
In all, I’m really happy to have found a thermometer that works consistently well and that is sturdy and built to last. My kids and I agree that this is much better than any we’ve tried in the past.
Leave a Reply