As a new mom, it can be hard to find a routine. Between getting up every couple of hours to feed your baby or cooking dinner after coming home from work, it's no easy task to stay organized.
We all know that there are never enough hours in the day, and there probably won't be until the kids are grown and have children of their own. This means that in the mean time, you need to find an organization strategy that works for you and helps you keep it together.
5 organization tips for busy moms
1. Maintain a schedule: It can be difficult to establish a schedule and stick to it, but it's important that you do. While it may be enticing to sleep in on the weekends and leave it up to your partner to entertain the kids, try to get up at your usual time. Keeping a set schedule will help you from feeling like there's nothing but chaos at home. This also means setting a schedule for the children. Make sure the baby naps when he or she should and eats when it's time. Give your baby a bath around the same time each night and have a routine that includes getting dressed and cuddling with momma before falling asleep.
2. Set time limits: Only allow yourself a certain amount of time to complete chores. For example, only designate 30 minutes to clean the kitchen. This will help moms who aren't too keen on housework and will use any excuse imaginable to avoid doing it. Don't forget to assign a few chores to your partner as well so the house can stay a little cleaner – until baby starts crawling and throwing everything you just cleaned up back out onto the floor.
3. Get rid of clutter: It really is amazing at how much clutter can build up without you even noticing! To keep your home more organized, store the clothes your little one can no longer wear in large bins according to size. For example, story "0 to 3 months," "6 to 9 months" and "9 to 12 months" in individual bins. It may seem like an unnecessary step right now, but trust us, it will definitely help down the road.
4. Be prepared: When you think things can't go wrong, they do. Always keep an overnight bag in your car in case you get stuck somewhere and need to stay. It's a good idea to bring an extra outfit along in the diaper bag in case your baby decides that they want to soil not only the diaper but their clothes as well.
5. Do the best you can: It's always important to remember that you're going the best you can as a mother. It can be difficult at times, but seeing the smile on your child's face at the end of the day is heartwarming.
How do you stay organized? Join in the discussion below!